Get the specialist treatment you need without leaving town
Accessing specialist care in regional Australia presents many challenges for GPs and their patients.
That was before Anywhere Healthcare - an innovative and unique online specialist practice that brings specialist services straight to your GPs practice via video.
Just imagine - instead of travelling long distances, or waiting a long time for a specialist appointment, you and your GP can have a consultation with a specialist via video.
The consultation takes place in your GPs clinic, in a room specially equipped for video consultation. Your GP may or may not accompany you for the consultation.
All Anywhere Healthcare specialists are expertly trained and equipped to deliver online care. Many combine their enthusiasm for online care with their hospital or private practice duties.
There are more than 30 Anywhere Healthcare specialists available across a range of specialties including:
- Allergy & Immunology
- Endocrinology including Type 1 & 2 diabetes
- General medicine
- Geriatrics including dementia
- Neurology including Parkinson’s disease & epilepsy
- Oncology & Haematology including pain management & palliative care
- Ophthalmology including general eye health & vision loss
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Paediatrics including children's health issues such as asthma and behavioural problems
- Psychogeratrics with a focus on psychiatric disorders for the elderly including dementia
An overview of each specialty is available here.
A full scope of practice for each specialist is available in the specialist directory.
Ask your GP whether an Anywhere Healthcare specialist consultation is right for you. If your GP is not using Anywhere Healthcare, they can find out more information about the service by calling 1800 822 940 or complete the online form to learn more.